Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Best Use of Classroom Blogs

As I'm sitting in the WP AI, I'm contemplating my own research ideas and its fitting that I'm blogging about it because that is exactly what I want to focus on. The last two years, I've had a classroom blog for my Theory of Knowledge course, an IB diploma programme course, focusing on Epistemology, studying the nature and scope of knowledge in our world (How do we know what we know?). It's been successful so far but I'm really trying to figure out how to get it to be meaningful and consistent. If I can pull it off, how successful could the same idea be for 9th grade Biology students. I'm not sure. I've got ideas all around me but I need to figure out what about the blog works for my kids and what doesn't. It's just a starting point, but I know its where I want to go.